Tunis is the capital of Tunisia. This city has many famous buildings and popular sites like Baths of Antoninus and Carthage National Museum. The vast history of the place is beautifully preserved in its museums.
Places to visit:
- Bardo National Museum– It is the most important and the oldest museums in the city. It has the World’s largest collection of the artifacts. It is the museum which is standing since the medieval period.
- Al-Zaytuna Mosque- Al-Zaytuna Mosque is the oldest of all the mosques in the city. It is standing with a 141-ft. minaret. It covers an area of 5,000 square meters.
- Byrsa- Byrsa has all the archaeological artifacts stored and preserved very well in it.
- Baths of Antoninus- Baths of Antoninus is the 3rd largest building in the city. It is one of the oldest buildings in the city and has a very high importance,
- Carthage National Museum- Carthage National Museum is situated in the heart of the city. It offers a guided tour of the museum and various exhibitions are also done.
- Lake of Tunis- The Lake of Tunis is a natural lake in the city. It covers an area of 37 square kilometers.
- Belvedere Park- Belvedere Park is the biggest park in the entire city having trails for walking, biking, athletic courts & a zoo.
Places to stay:
- Hotel Africa- Africa hotel has great rooms with the most beautiful views from them. Along with a bar & 3 restaurants.
- Hotel Ibis Tunis- Ibis hotel is an affordable one, offering free Wi-Fi, restaurant & a bar.
- El Hana International Tunis- El Hana has the most lavish rooms offering a bar with a terrace seating on the top floor.
- Golden Tulip El Mechtel- Golden Tulip hotel offers a comfortable and a rememberable stay with 3 restaurants, a pub & an outdoor pool.
- Diplomat Hotel- Diplomat hotel offers modern rooms with beautiful views along with a bar, 2 eateries & meeting space.